At Open Source Classroom our mission is to:
- Provide relevant, cutting-edge professional development opportunities for educators
- Help maximize learning opportunities for students while reducing ongoing costs
- Encourage teacher-to-teacher collaboration, both locally and globally
- Focus on learning how to utilize Open Source technology platforms which provide:
- Educational materials that are easily accessible and FREE for anyone to use
- Learning activities for students AND teachers both in and out of the classroom
- Teachers with easier means of helping students build lifelong learning habits
- Increase teacher confidence when integrating 3D technologies into their curricula
Open Source Classroom, LLC is a company that specializes in providing advanced professional development opportunities about 3D printing and other open source technologies. We recognized the hardships education is currently facing with diminished budgets, increasing class sizes and pressures on teachers for better results. Starting out with just a few people, a small office, and a vision of what education might look like if teachers became proficient at finding and utilizing open source technologies in the classroom, we are on a mission to help every teacher become 3D Literate.
Today Open Source Classroom, LLC has helped over 500 teachers begin their path towards 3D Literacy® through our professional development workshops. We achieved our success because we are targeting the most important element in the education system, teachers. Open Source Classroom, LLC delivers relevant, cutting-edge training on the newest educational technologies efficiently and effectively so teachers can provide advanced learning opportunities for their students. This bottom-up approach allows us to improve the education system right where it counts with immediate results.
Open Source Classroom, LLC continues to grow every day thanks to the confidence our clients have in us. We continue to research and develop new educational technologies that are essential in helping to progress our education system.
“I have been teaching 3D printing at the college level for six years. I assumed that I would be learning about assembling a 3D printer. However, in the process of assembling the 3D printer, I learned so much more about 3D printing than I could have ever imagined.”